Friday, May 1, 2009

Home Sweet Home

So I finally arrived! The hotel in Ottawa was ok but the staff were less then that and there was a guy in the room next to me who snored soo loud. I woke up at 5:30am and got a shower, threw on some cloths and took off for the airport. I wanted to get there early and good thing, they boarded the plane early! I had to lie to the airport staff so I could get my guitar on bored THEN It wouldnt fit in the overhead because the plane is old and small. so I had to cram it in the back of the plane between the wall and a seat. Let's just say the flight attendants wernt very pleased..but whatever, I got my way:)
So when I landed in Iqaluit a French Canadian named ..umm..I forget...Martin?..I think, was holding a sign for me. He was hilarious. He grabbed all my bags and we hopped in the Frobisher Inn company van and he showed me around the town and brought me to my hotel room. I have to stay in the hotel for 4 or 5 days until they get my room ready. So then I met the staff, including my manager Paul and everyone seems really nice so far. The hotel in insanely busy. In the lobby where I will be working there is a local theater, local swimming pool, local pharmacy, the poplar bar, a cafe and a convenience store.
So, right now I'm taking the time to catch up on some relaxation so I can be wide awake and ready to work tomorrow. Breakfast on the plane

My Hotel Room

No comments:

Post a Comment